Asian-American Culture/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
CULTURE/VIOLENCE/USING PEOPLE10/7/2010Amy Phan
  Q: Is it typical for the mother to move in with the daughter when she marries an American and to - even ...
  A: i think that it is not necessarily rude in a way, but she married an American, so i mean, everyone ...
Asian Culture- Healthcare Hospitalization8/9/2010Amy Phan
  Q: Why might the family of a hospitalized Asian patient ask if they can bring meals to the patient?
  A: well i am sure that the family ask that is because the patient would probably want to eat something ...
health care7/10/2010Joel Yuvienco
  Q: I am doing an essay and I need to know what asians beleifs are for example do they not like going to ...
  A: To say something about Asian beliefs on healthcare might entail an unfairly sweeping statement ...
Chinese cultural interactions3/2/2010Amy Phan
  Q: I have two quick questions: 1) When I go to a Chinese restuarant near my house (run by a Chinese ...
  A: well, saying 'thank you' means that they appreciate you coming into the restaurant or any other ...
what to buy ur mtother in law2/17/2010Amy Phan
  Q: my friend and her bf lived with his family for about a year and now she wants to get them something ...
  A: Well you can pretty much get them anything, like a thank you card or flowers, just something small. ...
Vietnamese culture11/22/2009Amy Phan
  Q: my question is in regards to a co-worker that I have been working with for 13 plus years. She is ...
  A: Well I don't know if this is more of a cultural thing here, but i think telling something about her ...
Make Spoken-English man's friend11/1/2009Amy Phan
  Q: Amy.I live in Dalian, china.In my college,there are always some white walking.I want to practise my ...
  A: Well next time you're out somewhere in public and u see someone, try to start a conversation with ...
My Korean Mother in Law!10/30/2009Amy Phan
  Q: I have a question to ask you about korean culture. I hope you can help me in this regard. Here's the ...
  A: I'm not sure if that was Korean tradition or not for the daughter or daughter in law to call first, ...
Asian Culture10/29/2009Joel Yuvienco
  Q: Please, The Singhs family are new to our centre. They wish to enrol their son, James who is four ...
  A: This is a bit outside my expertise as I haven't been involved in a career centre. Likewise, I would ...
current challenges faced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Australia10/20/2009Joel Yuvienco
  Q: Please, I would like to know about the current challenges faced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait ...
  A: Your questions could take a while to answer, but here's a search link that you my find useful - ...
Strict parents10/7/2009Joel Yuvienco
  Q: I'm not totally sure if you can answer this, but I am Korean-American and I have parents who really ...
  A: That is a "typical" challenge for an Asian child growing up in a dominantly Asian family. I don't ...
Asian American Culture8/27/2009Amy Phan
  Q: I have a culture diversity class, and I chose the Asian American culture. I have some interview ...
  A: 1. For this question, it's pretty basic. just answer simply yes or no to whether or not you were ...
racial discrimination against indians5/14/2009Amy Phan
  Q: I'm a guy from india, new delhi. It was in the news just a day back or so, that 28 indians were ...
  A: First off, i just want to say that i'm sorry for what happened and i feel your pain in terms of ...
Marriage & Children9/15/2008Amy Phan
  Q: My best friends son (half black/white) married a Vietnamese girl and they have 2 children. They ...
  A: according to Vietnamese custom, it is pretty bad to get a divorce but you know since we're in ...
Asian Culture and Healthcare1/19/2008Amy Phan
  Q: I am needing some information on the beliefs as sources of strength during illness for the asian ...
  A: i personally don't know the answers to the questions, but i have looked up links for you, so maybe ...
Birds and Bees american vs asian4/16/2007Amy Phan
  Q: I am a 27 year old female born in Thailand and moved to the US when I was 4 with my family. Being ...
  A: it's sometimes an asian characteristic. i mean, not a lot of asians share their stories and such, ...
asian / african relationship12/27/2006Joel Yuvienco
  Q: I'm african american and live in an area which is predominatly asian. Sometimes when I ride the ...
  A: There is basically fear among Asian women of black men on two grounds. One is internal pressure from ...
Asian Culture11/2/2006Joel Yuvienco
  Q: I am doing a paper on the Asian Culutre and would like to ask a few questions regarding the Asian ...
  A: 1. What is your name, gender, Country located? JCYuvienco Male Philippines 2. What is your cultural ...
asian culture10/23/2006Joel Yuvienco
  Q: Can you tell me what Holidays are celebrated? For ex. do they have an Independence Day? Do they have ...
  A: Broadly speaking Filipino American culture is steeped in American culture. Yes we do celebrate ...
Asian health care values/beliefs9/7/2006Joel Yuvienco
  Q: I am doing a paper for LPN school and I can't find much on the protocol Asians follow for health ...
  A: I'd like to know what you have gathered so far, but when it comes to Filipinos, by default it is ...
asian parents7/16/2006Joel Yuvienco
  Q: i am 15 years old. my family moved to america about 9 years ago. my parents are very strict to the ...
  A: That is a very serious narration of events and personal feelings, but offhand I understand you are ...
culture6/27/2006Joel Yuvienco
  Q: Are Asian/Americanís losing there culture? Are the parents and grandparents teaching there children ...
  A: This is a bunch of questions that is worth pursuing for purposes of a dissertation. Reading the book ...
prostitution2/19/2005Mei
  Q: Is prostitution acceptable among Asians or Asian-Americans? I ask because in the Bay Area, almost ...
  A: Asians and Asian Americans are two large groups with a lot of diversity within each, so I can only ...
Korean Mother-in-Law's birthday2/7/2005Mei
  Q: Mei, I have a friend who is a Caucasian and who is dating a Korean man. Until recently her ...
  A: Your question is difficult for me to answer because I think it is more important to get a gift that ...
defensive1/1/2005Mei
  Q: i have often wondered about what seems to be a defensive attitude from chinese i know when talking ...
  A: It was much more interesting than most of the questions I get and I wanted to take some time to ...
Asian American culture12/6/2004Mei
  Q: What is the accent of an Asian American in terms of speaking the English language?
  A: Accents are largely determined by a person's first language. Many researchers believe that our ...
concerning about viet. parents10/26/2004Mei
  Q: i have a question. i grow up in a vietnamese family and i was just wondering why parents always get ...
  A: Your parents sound a lot like mine! It's true that Asian parents tend to be much more attached and ...
friends10/2/2004Mei
  Q: I have come across many Chinese students at a university and have started up conversations that I ...
  A: What is your cultural background? In my answer, I will assume that you are white and from the US. ...
translation9/10/2004Mei
  Q: I was going to put the picture on my yahoo profile so you could go see it but it wouldn't let me do ...
  A: Yes, it's 80,000. In Chinese, the word "wan" means 10,000. So the tile says "eight wan", in other ...
Do Koreans like White People?7/23/2004Mei
  Q: I have a Korean mother in-law and I am white. She was married, now recently divorced, to a white ...
  A: It is difficult for me to give you an answer without knowing your mother in law, but here are some ...
Body Language3/25/2004Mei
  Q: what does this signify? thanks I appreciate the help!
  A: That is not a behavior that has any commonly known significance as far as I am aware, which means ...
Asian Culture1/31/2003Mei
  Q: I am currently in college and working towards a Nursing Degree. I have a cultural paper to do and I ...
  A: Teresa, I can only tell you what my experience is as a Chinese person from Hong Kong. Other Asian ...

Page:    1 

Asian-American Culture

Amy Phan

Top Expert on this page