Asian/Middle Eastern History/Old Hindu (?) painting on silk

Question
Old painting
Old painting  
Hi there,
I recently acquired what appears to be an extremely old painting on silk.  At some point it was framed (without glass). I am attaching a photograph to this message.  I have been doing some research, and believe the subjects featured in this painting are Krishna & Radha(?) It is not in perfect condition as some of the very fragile silk is torn in a few places.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, but I really would like to know it's age and value.

With the frame, the painting measures 33.25 inches x 37.25 inches.
Thank you in advance and God bless,
Kim

Answer
Abanindra Nath Tagore
Abanindra Nath Tagore  
Dear Kim;

This is a nice painting. Though I am not an antique specialist, it could be 19th century or early 20th century panting, because the lines do not belong to old period, perhaps the Bengal school (Avanindra nath Tagore/Jamini Roy). I can see the peacock feather in Krishna's head dress. It is not cross dressing of Radha and Krishna which also is a popular theme in India. So, valuable and interesting but may not bring you millions. Best regards,

Aupmanyav

Asian/Middle Eastern History

Aupmanyav