Ask the Veterinarian/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Pain Relief for Cat With Cancer3/17/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: Chambreau, I have a 13 years old female cat which had mammary cancer last year and had a surgery. ...
  A: Please send me the name of your homeopathic veterinarian so I can use for others. And email me the ...
Yeasty Min Pin3/17/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: Dr. Christina I have a 7yr old Min Pin with yeast infection inside and out caused by too many ...
  A: Apologies for the delayed response - I missed the notice. You are experiencing the tragedy of ...
Garlic3/15/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: Is it ok to give cats garlic? I read that fleas hate it and leave.
  A: I know you live in Florida, so they are an issue. There is much debate in the veterinary world ...
Cat biting & chewing his tail3/14/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: My boy is 4yrs old and neutered. Recently he started licking and biting his tail at midlength. It ...
  A: yes, I do have many suggestions for you. When I only had my conventional veterinary training, I ...
Reasons for dry gums in dogs3/13/2017Jana Connell RVT, CVT
  Q: We have only had our German Shepherd for a few months, and recently I noticed that her gums were dry ...
  A: It doesn't sound like anything abnormal. Dogs gums aren't slimy wet 100% of the time. They often ...
dog tongue necrosis3/13/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: Our six month old half breed pointer (6kg) came in contact with the pine processionary caterpillar. ...
  A: The one method that would give a possibility of saving the tongue is homeopathy. Lucky for you this ...
Thyroid3/12/2017Marie Peppers LPNMA ( pet nurse)
  Q: We are so appreciative of the information you gave us about compound Famotidine, as the flavored ...
  A: Well, you did go to the Vet for an exam this past week. Tell the Vet you want them to give you an ...
Cat Thyroid Problem - famotidine compounding 3/11/2017Marie Peppers LPNMA ( pet nurse)
  Q: Our 12 year old cat has been vomiting, and the vet told us she had an overactive Thyroid. She gave ...
  A: Call the Vet and ask if a compounding pharmacy can mix the drug for you. They can make this into an ...
overactive thyroid in my cat3/11/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: Our 12 year old cat has been vomiting recently, and we took her to the vet, who performed blood ...
  A: Thyroid problems can be very challenging in cats and because of so many toxins in food, vaccines, ...
Lactated Ringer use3/8/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: I volunteer for a small rescue. Since we have limited resources we try to make best with what little ...
  A: Scott, thank you so much for working with a rescue - the work you do is so critically important. I ...
Dog shaking his head2/19/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: I have a one year old Lab/Pitt mix. Lately he has started to shake his ears. He ifoes not hold his ...
  A: Having slightly itchy ears is one of the early warning signs that his energy balance (vital force, ...
cat had pyometra2/12/2017Jana Connell RVT, CVT
  Q: My cat had to have emergency surgery for pyometra a couple of months ago. We did all the medicines ...
  A: It is uncommon in cats, but so is pyometra. If your vet knows the problem then they are best at ...
Birth disabilities in Pets.2/7/2017Jana Connell RVT, CVT
  Q: Can there be birth disabilities in Pets viz Dogs,Cats,Horses,Birds,Fishes? Disabilities - ...
  A: Yes, there can. Nutrition and breeding are the main causes. Bad nutrition, badly selected parents ...
grain free dog food and more stool2/5/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: I have a 5 year old daschsund I got from the humane society 2 months ago. He had some flaking on ...
  A: The bad news - there is no one right diet for any dog, cat or person. The good news - just as for a ...
Boykin Spaniel2/4/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: My dog has an abscessed anal gland, is there anything that can be done at home until Monday? It is ...
  A: For tonight, if you check this, make water as warm as your fingers (not wrist), dip in a clean rag ...
Ear Infection In GS (7years old) Adult Male Dog2/2/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: I have a male German Spherad Dog of Mix bread. He has Ear infection in both ear with bad ...
  A: Sometimes it is not the selection of the correct remedy, but rather the correct potency and ...
Sore on dogs leg2/1/2017Jana Connell RVT, CVT
  Q: Don't know what this is,or how to treat it. Please help
  A: Michael, This is not something you can treat at home. This is either a pressure sore, or a lick ...
Cat cough1/30/2017Jana Connell RVT, CVT
  Q: I recently adopted my cat from the city shelter in August of last year. She is 1 year 6 months old ...
  A: First let me remind you that I am a vet tech, not a vet, so I don't diagnose. Having said that, I ...
Cat keeps me awake at night time1/27/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: I have a 13 year old domestic short hair cat. He keeps me awake at night time. He sleeps all day ...
  A: I am so glad you wrote to me, a holistically trained veterinarian as I can definitely help you ...
Teeth1/26/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: My 3 year old standard poodle (female) has decent teeth. There's some dark buildup on her top molars ...
  A: There are so many products on the market to help keep teeth clean that it is confusing for everyone ...
Micro liver shunt1/20/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: What diet would you recommend for a 8lb dog with a micro liver shunt? I want to make her food. Thank ...
  A: Sorry for the delay. I have been researching for the best person to help you with the diet. I also ...
Stomach in dogs1/18/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: I have an OEB and his tummy varies from day to day. Sometimes he has a normal BM and on the next ...
Cat urinating on furniture1/15/2017Jana Connell RVT, CVT
  Q: I have a major issue going on with my 6 month old female cat. She is up to date on shots and is ...
  A: I know how extremely frustrating this can be, having been through it myself. However, since you ...
Insect1/14/2017Jana Connell RVT, CVT
  Q: Is thete a difference between flea med brands? For ecample is tere a difference between ...
  A: Yes there is a HUGE difference between insecticides made by Veterinary companies and let's say Hartz ...
Blastocyosis1/9/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: My Pyrenees was diagnosed with blastocyst & starting treatment with fluconazole. I've researching ...
  A: While garlic is a good health booster and you certainly could use it, the best way to help your ...
Small poodle 17 yrs old1/6/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: He has diarea about 2-3 hrs after he eats and throws up in the morning. The only thi g he will eat ...
  A: Jan, for a 17 year old dog who has lost so much weight, and is eating a very unbalanced diet I would ...
Cat fleas1/3/2017Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: I have had a major problem with my cats getting fleas, and would like some advice on talking care of ...
  A: The presence of fleas is usually a reflection of the underlying lack of health with your pet, which ...
Cat with morning sickness?1/1/2017Jana Connell RVT, CVT
  Q: I have a Ragdoll female that I believe is pregnant. She has been vomiting only in the early morning ...
  A: While I have never seen or heard of a cat being sick from pregnancy (in 42 years in vet medicine) I ...
dog adoption12/26/2016Jana Connell RVT, CVT
  Q: I have two dogs. They are one year old and grew up together. I'm moving and won't have space for ...
  A: Since I live in California, I do not know much about the shelters in Florida. I can tell you this ...
dog adoption12/26/2016Marie Peppers LPNMA ( pet nurse)
  Q: I have two dogs that I love very much. I'm moving and won't have space for them. I don't want to ...
  A: Yes, please make up a flyer and place this on your Local VET office bulletin boards. Most of the ...
dog adoption12/26/2016Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: I have two dogs that I think I may have to give away. They are one year old. I truly love them and ...
  A: Jim, this is not at all my area of expertise, but I can really feel your pain. I may not have any ...
Natural remedies for cats12/25/2016Marie Peppers LPNMA ( pet nurse)
  Q: I was wondering about something I heard of online. I read that mixing slippery elm bark powder in a ...
  A: Well yes you can use Slippery elm for stomach upset in people and pets. See here from a trusted ...
flaking on fur, dandruff?12/21/2016Dr. Louis N. Gotthelf
  Q: I recently adopted a short haired black and brown dachshund from my humane society (2 weeks ago). ...
  A: Without actually examining the dog I cannot be very specific. If you are not confident in your vet's ...
Plantago Major12/18/2016Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: Following my previous question about the staffordshire bull terrier with the pimple on the ...
  A: The best is as a fresh herb/poultice for 10 or 15 mins. But I would just see how his body responds. ...
Pimple on testicles dog12/17/2016Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: My 2 year old male Staffordshire Bull Terrier has a pimple on his testicles. I am not sure if it ...
  A: I am so glad you wrote to me, a holistically trained veterinarian as there is a whole new world of ...
Pimple on dog testicles12/17/2016Marie Peppers LPNMA ( pet nurse)
  Q: My 2 year old male Staffordshire Bull Terrier has a pimple on his testicles. I am not sure if it was ...
  A: Well, yes it looks like some kind of wart or pimple. I would say to have your local Vet take a look ...
Puppy Canine Teeth Not Comig In?12/8/2016Jana Connell RVT, CVT
  Q: I have a 20 week old female pit-bull puppy. She is in good health and started losing her baby teeth ...
  A: First of all, the canines are the last teeth to go and they fall out between 5-6 months of age. ...
different behavior after meds12/6/2016Jana Connell RVT, CVT
  Q: I have a 13 year old female hound mix that takes a couple of different medications. She takes one ...
  A: Sorry for the delay in answering you but I have been thinking about this and I don't feel I am ...
alternative treatment12/4/2016Dr. Christina Chambreau
  Q: Our 14 year old cat has just been diagnosed with squamous cell tumor cancer with a tumor under her ...
  A: Yes, there are many holistic approaches you can use to help the quality of life, though unless cured ...
Weimaraner bumps on belly and head12/3/2016Dr. Louis N. Gotthelf
  Q: Our vet is puzzlesd what is causing these skin bumps.
  A: When I cannot identify something like a nodule, I will do a fine needle aspirate of the lesion to ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau

Top Expert on this page