Ask the Veterinarian/horrible skin rash

Jayson wrote at 2012-06-27 15:38:30
I myself have a chocolate red nose pitbull that gets these same rashes. She is currently eating purina denta crunch. She has had these rashes on and off for about 3 years now. I found that if I bathe her with and oatmeal shampooo and conditioner that in a little time maybe day or so the rash begins to clear up. I find that bathing her with this about once every 10 days cuts down on the rash a lot. I've noticed this rash is more severe in the hotter months so I always try to keep her clean and cool.

kate wrote at 2012-10-05 18:56:18
has she gotten into lake or pond water that has toxic bluegreen algae, or perhaps exposed to an herbicide or insecticide that was previously sprayed on something. Was she sprayed thru a screen with something at one time? there is a VERY prominant "stop" line at the back of her belly.to it indicates something she was either standing against or leaning over protected her back parts.

Mrs Campos wrote at 2013-11-30 01:19:14
It is not food alergies. It is a problem with hot sunny days. Keep it indoors during summer time and lots of water. It happened to my pitbull dog too.

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Louis N. Gotthelf