Ask the Veterinarian/Lost of appetite and extreme shedding

Question
I have a 11 weeks old Japanese Spitz now. I got her when she was 7 weeks old, she used to eat a lot of dog food (Beef Pro Adult) that I soak in water before giving it to her (it was an instruction given to me by her breeder. On her 9th week, I changed her food to Beef Pro Puppy thinking that it was good for her since she is a puppy but I observed that she sheds a little and eats a little less. At first I thought its normal but later realized that she was shedding a lot (she looks a little bald now) and totally lost her appetite.  I tried to feed her with Beef Pro Adult again thinking her good appetite will come back but she refuses to eat that as well. I got worried that she'll get hungry so I tried giving her human food. At first, she liked it. But now, she also refuses to eat human nor dog food unless she is really hungry. And when she is, she'll just eat a little, leave the food and play. Although she is still very playful, she's very light in weight now and looks very skinny and bald. I am really worried, is the lost of appetite was because of the change of food? And, does it have a connection with the extreme shedding? What dog food can I feed her that is available here in the Philippines that will give her a good appetite? What soap or shampoo can stop the shedding? I hope you answer this. I am really worried. Thank you.

Answer
There is no food that will give her an appetite. Feeding people food is the best. There is no soap or shampoo to stop the shedding. Because of the weight loss, I suspect she has worms or another parasite I may not know that is in the Phillipines. she could also have a congenital problem.  You really do need to have her checked out by a veterinarian.

Also, you can request Reiki energy healing, even from the US. one site is www.freereiki.com.

I am not at my regular computer, so read some of my other answers to learn the 7 keys to health, once she has recovered from this wasting illness.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau