Ask the Veterinarian/Anemia tx for 1 year old aggressive feline.

Question
Hello, here is a little history on my cat dexter. He is a 1 year old cat that was found abandoned at 1 week old. I have had him ever since and bottle fed him and he was healthy until a few days ago when I noticed he was being "good" meaning he wasn't trying to steal my food and was relaxed which is out of his character. That went on for 2 days and then he stopped eating and I really knew something wasn't right... For my cat that is a huge red flag! He is a pig! Other than that, not any other symptoms at home.  **Another very important piece if information about dexter is that he is EXTREMELY aggressive when you try to touch him if it is not on his terms** I am a vet assistant and any time I bring him to the clinic he needs knocked out to touch him! So with all that being said, I took him in and we got him knocked out and got blood. Pre surgical panel - normal, combo test- neg, BUT his pcv was 6%!! I almost didn't wake him up and thought about euthanizing at that time since he was sedated and knowing how low that was, it's not good. The Dr. I work for obviously brought up a blood transfusion. I just felt that with the temperament of my cat, that really isn't an option. There is no way I can hospitalize him, let alone bring him back every few weeks for any testing and blood draws to find an actual diagnosis and or fix the problem. We have to use dexdomitor, ketamine and torb to even touch him, everytime. No exceptions. So this happened yesterday and he was  given a prednisone injection, another antibiotic injection that lasts 2 weeks (can't think of the name), and I'm giving oral doxycycline. Basically giving him a fighting chance with what we can manage with his temperament. He's perked up just a little today and is eating small amounts. Definitely still exhausted and sleeping quite a bit. But he is still walking around and trying to get outside and seems interested in food. I'm shocked he put up such a fight with us in the clinic and is walking around with such a low pcv. So that's why I'm holding on and giving his body a chance. Hoping for the best. Just wanted to get any thoughts you might have or suggestions on treating a very aggressive cat with such severe anemia.
Thank you very much.
Jenn

Answer
Sorry for quick answer but wanted to shoot you a quick reply since your cat is so ill. We have definitely helped even non-regenerative anemia with really good Chinese medicine (acupuncture, chinese herbs) and homeopathy. I doubt you could get him to take the big herbal capsules or tolerate the needles, so you need to work with a homeopath.
go to www.theAVH.org and search for certified ones who do phone work. Call to see whom you can get the most quickly - possibly - www.pureholisticvet.com; www.homevet.com; betsy Harrison; Judy herman; Stephanie chalmers; and many others are great.

Also, start Reiki immediately, and maybe Deena Spears or Barbara.
Email back if you want more and read my prior posts on this list for 7 keys.

Yes - can be healed, and even the aggression.

Personally, I think every person who lives with or works with animals must know at least Level I Reiki. The practitioner offers this energy and the animal comes over to get it (or places her hands upon the animal), or it can be done from a distance, even around the world with the intent for healing to occur. The energy flows through the healer into the animal. This is based on directly applying Chi (energy) to rebalance the energy field so it no longer needs to produce the physical symptoms. It is a very good adjunct to any healing modality, especially to relieve pain and inflammation. I have seen cats who began to eat again when their food was treated with Reiki. It also "takes the bad out of" things. By doing Reiki on smelly water in restaurants I have been able to drink sweet tasting and smelling water. Use Reiki anytime that you must give injections, vaccines, drugs, flea or heartworm drugs, or other substances with potential toxicity. Reiki is great to calm animals, relieve discomfort, and can deeply heal some problems in some animals.  

1. http://www.reiki.org  . http://www.ReikiTails.com  is a great practitioner in Maryland who knows a lot about cats.
2. Get a free treatment at www.interdimensionalhealing.com.
3. Great information on Reiki - http://www.reikicourse.org. Kathleen Prasad is a wonderful teacher and works with my favorite sanctuary and holistic education center, BrightHaven www.brighthaven.org. Kathleen leads a free monthly telechat for anyone trained in Reiki and using it with animals.
4. http://www.animalreikisource.com/. If you cannot find a Reiki Class near you (same class for people and animals as it connects you through an "attunement" to the healing energy of the universe, making you a channel of healing), three groups offer long distance, free, attunements.
5. www.AnimalReikiAlliance.com has articles and Maryland holistic practitioners listed.
6. http://theholisticcare.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13,
7. http://freereikiattunement.com/
8. www.ReikiBlessings.com offers free Reiki attunements, classes and training on-line    and animal classes, too
9. Long distance healing and training is at www.animalhealers.homestead.com/  
10. Christine at cbearse@earthlink.net, www.awakeningrainbows.com. To receive free distance Reiki send her your first name only, city and state, and whether or not you have had any Reiki training.  She invites you to include your pets as well.  She uses a teddy bear and does a full body Reiki distance treatment for one hour each Sunday evening from 9 p.m. until 10 p.m. EST.

Another wonderful healer, Deena Spears works long distance with Sound Tuning. www.Singingwoods.com. I have seen many animals and the people in a home be healed by her work.

And a team of over 100 healers will send free healing energy until you say not to. Email Barbara at nancelot01@aol.com with your healing request, name of animal, species, color & age. In the subject say request through Dr. Chambreau  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau