Ask the Veterinarian/Smelly dog!

Lyn Spinks wrote at 2013-10-30 12:54:47
Great response to your dilemma here.  What a shame the vet didn't come up with a more understanding answer as the poor dog is banished to the garage...which I understand totally.  With your little dogs I have found the main cause of smell is from the ears and mouth.  Does the groomer pluck the hairs from the entrance to the ear (sounds worse than it is and good groomers do this) and is excessive hair removed from around the mouth?

I have maltese and have found a natural ear cleaner that I use each week keeps the smell away in that area, www.pet-plicity.com and I clean their teeth with a baby toothbrush with vet toothpaste (but any will do as long as its for dogs)  Honestly this will really help and if nothing else will eliminate that area whilst you try and discover the source of smell.  Good luvk!

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau