Ask the Veterinarian/Red Rashes all over his body

Red Rash
Red Rash  

Red Rash
Red Rash  
My pet had red rashes all over his body. We got him injected for infection from a local vet and was prescribed high doses of antibiotics. As we don't prefer use of antibiotics unless its inevitable ,we didn't administer that.
Now after 3 days the rashes have resurfaced. There is no itching & temperature is normal.
Please advice me on this

IF the red rash did not go away with the shot , which I assume was some type of a steroid, then it could very well be a bacterial infection.  YOU should use the antibiotics as prescribed by your vet.  If the rash does not go away with the antibiotics, then I would have the vet recheck the skin to see if it is something else.

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Louis N. Gotthelf

Dermatology and ear diseases of dogs and cats

I am the author of "Small Animal Ear Diseases; An Illustrated Guide" published by W.B. Saunders. I have over 25 years of clinical experience with a special interest in dermatologic conditions and ear diseases.

American Academy of Veterinary Dermatology

Veterinary Forum
Veterinary Medicine
Waltham Focus