Ask the Veterinarian/Doberman dog digestion problem.

Question
Hello Dr. Christina my dog has digestion problem i don't know perfect but when i go with him for walk he can not do potty means poop stuck in his ass do not come out he try lot but nothing , i called doctor he says he has digestion problem and he give injection to dog . then dog is normal but after a couple days its start back  so what i do ? my dog get heavy meal so it only happens by it or another problem ? he is perfect body ,fit, 4 years old can i change diet , give me specific diet and how many water he can drink ? thank you

Answer
Drinking water is good for stools, so he can drink as much as he wants.
diet is best to be fresh meat, in big hunks, even with the bones. and mash up and grate cooked and raw vegetables. Start with 1/2 meat and 1/2 vegetables.Good list serve for raw feeding is on Yahoo - http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/rawk9s/  They also have some on their natural rearing web site - www.aunaturelk9s.com.  

I would add some aloe vera (squeeze some drops from the leaves of a plant).

Most importantly, begin now to find a veterinarian who has studied homeopathy or acupuncture that you can work with in the future (some will help by phone or email). http://www.vethomopath.com/ is one in India who may be able to help you. Also look for ayurvedic practitioners. Fenugreek seeds can help with sticky stool.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau