Ask the Veterinarian/electrical shocks

Question
My puppy chewed an electrical cord and became unconscious, about 2 minutes later he began to move again, i took him to the vet immediately. He's being given oxygen because he is having trouble breathing. What is the likelihood of him making A good recovery or not recovering at all? Cause the vets aren't giving me much information. (He is 5 months) please help

Answer
In electrocutions we never can predict outcomes.  Electric shocks in the dog really affect the lungs more than any other organ.  It all depends on how much the lungs were traumatized and if they will respond to medication to heal.  Only time will tell.

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Louis N. Gotthelf