Ask the Veterinarian/Our dog won't open her mouth

Our dog can not open her mouth. We took her into the vet Jan 20th.  Her blood work showed healthy organs no infection. She had a fever of 101 and they put her on amoxicilin. We just took her back into vet one month later now. Put her on steroid. She had her mouth open on first visit to vet. Then one week later her mouth shut down tight. She is eating, drinking, going potty. Tav is still acting her happy self. Now with the steroid only second day she is sleepy and resting a lot. I have done energy work and balance and hands on healing. I am familiar with Reiki and healing. The vet said it could be neurological and want to take muscle samples etc. I am not feeling great about this. She was adopted and is a great Dane/Char Pei mix about 5 to 6 yrs old 85 lbs. She lost 3 lbs since her visit in Jan to Feb 20th. Thank you for your help. Tav and Dolores

Definitely continue with Reiki and energy healing. do Reiki on the steroid before giving each dose, holding the pill in your hand to "shift to better vibration". My guess is masseter myositis - a simple blood sample would show very high eosinophils. Your approach right now is to immediately connect with an integrative veterinarian as homeopathy and good Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine can help with most problems, even this.

Give no vaccines, of course. You may need to pureed food for her and squirt it into her mouth. do this with raw meat and vegetables - no grains. DMG from Vetriscience may help, but most importantly find your integrative vet. Use your pendulum, or other "connection" to determine which one in your area is best. There are a number of good ones in AZ.

There are good ones and great ones, and a few homeopathic veterinarians will consult by phone or email. Read my comments at the end on working with and selecting a holistic veterinarian.
You can go to the web sites for each type of holistic practice and use their referral list to find one near to you:
1. Acupuncture and Chinese medicine: &
2. Homeopathic veterinarians (these can often help you by phone if no other holistic practitioners are nearby that you like): and
3. Chiropractor -
4. Wide range of other treatments:, American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau

I can give you the holistic approach to any problem, mostly for dogs and cats and some farm animals and horses. Depending on the condition and the type of animal, I will be able to give very specific treatment suggestions such as what flower essences, homeopathic remedies, nutritional supplements, diet changes, lifestyle changes or herbs that may be helpful - not drugs. I can also suggest where you can go for further education or to find a specialist in a specific holistic field. I can help you understand why your animal is ill and what improvements can be expected. I do not check messages more than every one to two days, so PLEASE DO NOT ask about EMERGENCIES - call your local veterinarian. I cannot diagnose your animal. I cannot prescribe specific treatments. I am no longer very current with conventional treatments, so cannot answer questions on those. I am not an expert on birds or small critters. I am not an expert in breeding, birthing or babies.

I graduated from the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine in 1980 and began using homeopathy in my practice after a client introduced me to it. By 1988 I was using exclusively holistic treatments. I began lecturing in 1987 and have spoken at veterinary conferences, health food stores, people's homes, churches, veterinary college conferences - anywhere people want to learn more about keeping their animals healthy.

Academy of Veterinary Homeopathy (I helped found this one) American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association National Center for Homeopathy American Veterinary Medical Association

I have written in many magazines, journals and newspapers. A few include Bark Magazine; Journal of the AHVMA; Baltimore Dog Magazine; Whole Dog Journal; Tiger Tribe; Wolf Clan. I have also been frequently interviewed on radio and TV. I am Associate Editor for the Integrative Veterinary Care Journal, so often have articles there.

Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Certified Veterinary Homeopath (CVH)