Ask the Veterinarian/Cleaning a cat

I know cats don't like water but I've tried using the wipes. She hates the wipes also. How can I get her clean if she hates water and wipes? Do u have any tricks I can use?

You should not have to clean cats. Their tongue does the cleaning. Often wipes have chemicals that cats do not like and that could even be toxic to them.

The way to get a cat clean is to keep her healthy.

Feed a fresh food diet with raw or slightly cooked meat, no vaccines (except legally required Rabies), work with an integrative veterinarian, use no chemical flea or tick treatments and she will never need a bath!

never feed a cat dry food.

Read some of the other answers for the 7 keys to healthy cats and dogs or check out my website

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau

I can give you the holistic approach to any problem, mostly for dogs and cats and some farm animals and horses. Depending on the condition and the type of animal, I will be able to give very specific treatment suggestions such as what flower essences, homeopathic remedies, nutritional supplements, diet changes, lifestyle changes or herbs that may be helpful - not drugs. I can also suggest where you can go for further education or to find a specialist in a specific holistic field. I can help you understand why your animal is ill and what improvements can be expected. I do not check messages more than every one to two days, so PLEASE DO NOT ask about EMERGENCIES - call your local veterinarian. I cannot diagnose your animal. I cannot prescribe specific treatments. I am no longer very current with conventional treatments, so cannot answer questions on those. I am not an expert on birds or small critters. I am not an expert in breeding, birthing or babies.

I graduated from the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine in 1980 and began using homeopathy in my practice after a client introduced me to it. By 1988 I was using exclusively holistic treatments. I began lecturing in 1987 and have spoken at veterinary conferences, health food stores, people's homes, churches, veterinary college conferences - anywhere people want to learn more about keeping their animals healthy.

Academy of Veterinary Homeopathy (I helped found this one) American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association National Center for Homeopathy American Veterinary Medical Association

I have written in many magazines, journals and newspapers. A few include Bark Magazine; Journal of the AHVMA; Baltimore Dog Magazine; Whole Dog Journal; Tiger Tribe; Wolf Clan. I have also been frequently interviewed on radio and TV. I am Associate Editor for the Integrative Veterinary Care Journal, so often have articles there.

Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Certified Veterinary Homeopath (CVH)