Ask the Veterinarian/Cat with fever not eating/drinking, was vomiting

Our cat (an active indoor/outdoor 2-3 year old, male) started vomiting 4 days ago.  He stopped eating and drinking nearly entirely. Eventually we started finding very clear liquid in puddles around him (we think possibly bile).  After two days we noticed he didn't respond to anything by sight, and one eye started to wonder(worried he may have gone blind) and he had become nearly completely unresponsive to people around him, he just lays in a corner in the bathroom.  We had x-rays done which showed nothing but they discovered he has a fever. He is currently on antibiotics but still not moving/eating/drinking or responding to people and we can't afford to bring him back to the vet.  He doesn't appear to be in pain but he still seems very sick. We have had shrews in the house before, he gets into the toilet bowl sometimes but we really can't think of anything else that could have harmed him?  Does it sound like he's been poisoned by something? Any suggestions on how to keep his fever down or keep him hydrated?

There are many holistic treatments that could help. First, I do not know if Ontario electric company has put in Smart Meters (to read your electricity). they and WiFi (if recently installed can cause serious health problems suddenly in people and animals, so check that. I only recently learned about that.

1. Rescue remedy from the health food store. Put 4 drops in an ounce of water in a jar and give a few drops in every meal when he starts eating or if you are force feeding him. Put a few drops in his mouth, rub a drop on the ear every few hours and put an undiluted drop on a cloth near him. You cannot use it too often. It is totally safe. It is great for people too - for anxiety, stress, shock, grief and more, especially when you under such stress.
2. Reiki (See below), HTA,
3. Try force feeding a mixture of 50/50 raw chicken and half and half (cream/milk, raw if possible) thinned with chicken broth. Add B vitamins. And try Anitra Frazier's High Calcium Chicken Broth in her book - Natural Cat.
4. sub cutaneous fluids with B12 vitamin injected is probably critical. The clinic can show you how to give them at home. Ask them to show you how to heat them first.
5. Find an integrative veterinarian who is skilled in homeopathy or good TCVM (traditional chinese Veterinary medicine). There are some great ones in Ontario. This is a person trained in many different approaches, including using conventional drugs only when absolutely needed. Working with one can increase the chance that your cherished companion can live a long and healthy life after recovering from this current problem. There are good ones and great ones, and a few homeopathic veterinarians will consult by phone or email. Read my comments at the end on working with and selecting a holistic veterinarian.
You can go to the web sites for each type of holistic practice and use their referral list to find one near to you:
1. Acupuncture and Chinese medicine: &
2. Homeopathic veterinarians (these can often help you by phone if no other holistic practitioners are nearby that you like): and (canada)
3. Wide range of other treatments:, American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association and

From the book, Healthy Animal's Journal - "Reiki: Personally, I think every person who lives with or works with animals must know at least Level I Reiki. The practitioner places her hands upon the animal (or it can be done from a distance, even around the world) with the intent for healing to occur. The energy flows through the healer into the animal. This is based on directly applying Chi (energy) to rebalance the energy field so it no longer needs to produce the physical symptoms. It is a very good adjunct to any healing modality, especially to relieve pain and inflammation. I have seen cats who begin to eat again when their food has Reiki done on the food. It also "takes the bad out of" things. By doing Reiki on smelly water in restaurants I have been able to drink sweet tasting and smelling water. Use Reiki anytime that you must give injections, vaccines, drugs, flea or heartworm drugs, or other substances with potential toxicity. Do you work in a grooming salon, or kennel, or veterinary clinic, or barn or anywhere animals are being seen? Use your Reiki on any treatments to be given and to calm the animals. People have reported getting animals to eat by doing Reiki on their food.  .  is a great practitioner in Maryland who knows a lot about cats. Get a free treatment at Great information on Reiki - Kathleen Prasad is a wonderful teacher and works with my favorite sanctuary and holistic education center, BrightHaven She just had an article on Reiki in Feline Wellness. Kathleen leads a free monthly telechat for anyone trained in Reiki and using it with animals. If you cannot find a Reiki Class near you (same class for people and animals as it connects you through an "attunement" to the healing energy of the universe, making you a channel of healing), three groups offer long distance, free, attunements.
3. offers free Reiki attunements, classes and training on-line    and animal classes, too
Long distance healing and training is at  
A client of mine is using Christine, Her name is Christine at, To receive free distance Reiki send her your first name only, city and state, and whether or not you have had any Reiki training.  She invites you to include your pets as well.  She uses a teddy bear and does a full body Reiki distance treatment for one hour each Sunday evening from 9 p.m. until 10 p.m. EST.

Another wonderful healer, Deena Spears works long distance with Sound Tuning. I have seen many animals and the people in a home be healed by her work.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau

I can give you the holistic approach to any problem, mostly for dogs and cats and some farm animals and horses. Depending on the condition and the type of animal, I will be able to give very specific treatment suggestions such as what flower essences, homeopathic remedies, nutritional supplements, diet changes, lifestyle changes or herbs that may be helpful - not drugs. I can also suggest where you can go for further education or to find a specialist in a specific holistic field. I can help you understand why your animal is ill and what improvements can be expected. I do not check messages more than every one to two days, so PLEASE DO NOT ask about EMERGENCIES - call your local veterinarian. I cannot diagnose your animal. I cannot prescribe specific treatments. I am no longer very current with conventional treatments, so cannot answer questions on those. I am not an expert on birds or small critters. I am not an expert in breeding, birthing or babies.

I graduated from the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine in 1980 and began using homeopathy in my practice after a client introduced me to it. By 1988 I was using exclusively holistic treatments. I began lecturing in 1987 and have spoken at veterinary conferences, health food stores, people's homes, churches, veterinary college conferences - anywhere people want to learn more about keeping their animals healthy.

Academy of Veterinary Homeopathy (I helped found this one) American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association National Center for Homeopathy American Veterinary Medical Association

I have written in many magazines, journals and newspapers. A few include Bark Magazine; Journal of the AHVMA; Baltimore Dog Magazine; Whole Dog Journal; Tiger Tribe; Wolf Clan. I have also been frequently interviewed on radio and TV. I am Associate Editor for the Integrative Veterinary Care Journal, so often have articles there.

Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Certified Veterinary Homeopath (CVH)