Ask the Veterinarian/cats swollen leg

Question
my male cat has a swollen front leg  for a year it looks let elephant leg 2different vets have looked at it ,it started out small hole i mashed  it jelled blood shot out ,he has been on anti. two rounds two shots, drained nothing but heaithly fat came out and waterery blood, blood has been checked vet wrapped it in a compression bandiage no good so what to do ??????

Answer
I would have 2 suggestions.  First, get a good quality X-ray to see if the bone is infected or if there is a foreign object in the leg.  Second, have the vet send off a culture and sensitivity to the lab to see if there is a resistant type of bacteria present that is not being killed off by all of the antibiotics they have tried.  If those suggestions do not help you to  get an answer, then sometimes, there is not an infection at all, but a tumorous growth in the leg tissue.  A biopsy may help to determine that.

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Louis N. Gotthelf