Ask the Veterinarian/severe ear mite condition

Question
I am the proud owner of what appears to be yellow lab and pit bu ll {I think}, that seems to be about 6 months old hen i found her running around my neighborhood alone. She was how do you call it - out of -. a very strong pup physically but she didn't realize she can hurt when she plays rough. she boldly  runs to children and plants her feet in there chest.8year olds and 1 year get equal treatment.i took her in and am giving her the best care i can with very little money . she was an outside dog until i seperated my boyfreind .i treated her for worms and earmites several times assuming she was in fair condition until her eyes started itching and draining. used a different mite med in one ear she has huge gobs of funk wiping out and she apears to have stomach aches and fever nightly along with severe stomach pain drawing into a ball and moaning in pain can you help me.

unk

Answer
As far as the ears, your vet will need to determine the type of infection that is present and determine if the eardrum is ruptured or not.  We frequently see large amounts of debris in the ears where the eardrums are ruptured because the middle ear produces large amounts of mucus.

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Louis N. Gotthelf