Ask the Veterinarian/my shih tzu become weak and lose weight

MY Shih-tzu have a high fever  What are the reasons why she suddenly became weak. Before I take her to the vet she is very playful and eat a lot but after the vet gave him 3 shots of antibiotic. She became weak, loss her appetite, she always sleep, she is not hyper or playful.I am worried please help me find what are the problems or causes why she has this symptoms?

It's really hard to say why she is now not feeling well unless something he gave her is affecting her, or what ever was giving her the fever is just working it's way through her.

I don't think he would have given her 3 injections of antibiotics at one time but that alone could make her feel punk if that is the case.

I would call the vet's today and take her in because she shouldn't be feeling this way from getting some injections.

I have no way of knowing what her symptoms are being caused by but if she is not better today you definitely need to call your vet back and ask them why she is worse than she was before you took her in to be seen.

Ask what she was given and tell them that she isn't eating or playing at all.
And don't wait, call back today!

Ask the Veterinarian

Jana Connell RVT, CVT

PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING TO ME: I am NOT a vet and do NOT diagnose diseases. That is only for a licensed Veterinarian to do. I will give you suggestions and steer you toward calling your vet for help. You can call the vet's office and talk to the technician there or the vet at times. Don't be afraid to call them! If you have a serious issue with your pet please post it to one of the veterinarians in here- I will tell you the same thing in my answer. IF your pet is injured or in an emergency situation, CALL YOUR VET- Do not wait and post in here. Just call the vet's office and get them in to see the vet right away. Critical treatment time is lost if you seek answers here when you should have your precious pet at the vets!! Don't sit at home waiting for an answer when your pet is critically ill or injured!! I can answer most questions about small animal and wildlife care as well as small animal nutrition. I can also answer questions about all phases of dental care for small animals. I DO NOT answer questions about birds (unless it is wildlife or songbirds) or HAMSTERS/GERBILS/CHINS/GUINEA PIGS/REPTILES/FROGS/RABBITS/PET BIRDS OF ANY KIND so please submit these questions to the appropriate sections. I, as well as other experts in here, do NOT do homework questions- that is for YOU to do! Please respect these rules for all of us. Thanks!

I have over 35 years experience in the field of veterinary medicine. I specialized in small animals and did wildlife rehab for over 25 years, mostly raptors, squirrels and opossums. I am a Small Animal Nutritional Consultant with 6 certificates from Hills Pet Foods, CNM and Purina. I also specialized in Small Animal Dentistry which is a field I truly love.

Audubon,World Wildlife Federation, American Society of Veterinary Dental Technicians.

Licensed with California and Oregon, RVT and CVT. Certified Veterinary Dental Technician Have over 550 logged hours of Continuing Education Credits(that means I keep up to date!).

Nominated for Expert of the Month for the last 5 years.