Ask the Veterinarian/i think my guinea pig might have lice?!

Question
Okay, so, was feeding my guinea pig her usual carrots and lettuce and stuff, and I noticed a little clear bug, and started to freak out. It was clear with little creepy legs, and was crawling all over her log hutch. Then I called my mom and told her. She said to look to see if there are anymore. So I did. And I didn't see anymore. But I'm still a little freaked out and don't know what to do. Is it lice or something?

Answer
I doubt if it is lice. Lice are often too small for you to see and you wouldn't be able to see it's legs at all.

I would just clean out her cage, clean off the log and put her back into the clean cage.

Lice crawl all over them and cause hair loss in multiple areas. You would see that before you'd actually SEE any lice.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Jana Connell RVT, CVT