Ask the Veterinarian/cat food for urinary problems

Question
Hi!

One of my cats is on Hill's Prescription c/d...he had struvite crystals about 6 months ago.  When I went to get more food from my vet (tried yesterday and again today) they were closed...no explanation.  I'm now out of c/d and need something.  What do you know about Purina ProPlan Urinary?  Is that an ok substitute until I figure out what's going on?  Thanks for your help!

Answer
It's better than grocery store food but not by much, Aren't there any other vets near you? Most will sell you a small bag of C/D until you can get into your own vet.

Even though it's a prescription, they know that you wouldn't even know what it was unless your cat was on it.

I'd do that first, purina as the last resort...

Ask the Veterinarian

Jana Connell RVT, CVT