Ask the Veterinarian/very sick cat

Question
I have a cat about 2 years old, she has been crying and vomiting for the past 2 days, white foam. She's not eating or drinking, her eyes are not watering, but they are very low and she sways her head back a forth. I think she might have swallowed a part of a rubber toy, I found the toy. I tried to see if I could push it through, if there was somthing there, but i dont no what a cats throat is suppose to feel like, but there was somthing soft. I dont no if she drank out of the toilet, theres a lysol cleaner clip on it, I dont no if she drank the water. there are no vets where I live, no ex- ray machines. Tryed feeding her water with a syringe little at a time so she can at least have something in her stomach. I have no clue what to do for her. Please help

Answer
Please take the lysol clip off the toilet - bad for environment as well as people and animals.

Usually vomiting does not happen if something is stuck in the throat,  but it will if the toy is stuck in the stomach or intestines. It more sounds like she is very dehydrated from the vomiting which may be caused by a poison.

Even though you there are no veterinarians where you live, they can help you by phone. Integrative ones, especially homeopathic ones, are very used to helping by phone.
1. Acupuncture and Chinese medicine: www.IVAS.org & www.TCVM.com
2. Homeopathic veterinarians (these can often help you by phone if no other holistic practitioners are nearby that you like): www.theAVH.org and www.DrPitcairn.com.
3. Chiropractor - www.animalchiropractic.org
4. Wide range of other treatments: www.AHVMA.org, American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association and www.civtedu.org

Make a mash like baby food, of whatever her favorite food is - fresh salmon, or bear, or elk or moose (if you have not been feeding fresh meat, try it anyway) - or any dairy.
Make a mash of meat, cream and see if you can carefully smush it or drip into her mouth.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2093257_force-feed-cat.html gives details on force feeding. I also recommend having Anitra Frazier's book, the Natural Cat, in your home for a good reference on how to treat critically ill cats.

If you have an aloe plant in your home, it can help with nausea (just squeeze a few drops in her mouth).

People can do Reiki long distance (and learn it as soon as you can - make it high priority) so see Reiki, below. And Deena.
From the book, Healthy Animal's Journal - "Reiki: Personally, I think every person who lives with or works with animals must know at least Level I Reiki. The practitioner places her hands upon the animal (or it can be done from a distance, even around the world) with the intent for healing to occur. The energy flows through the healer into the animal. This is based on directly applying Chi (energy) to rebalance the energy field so it no longer needs to produce the physical symptoms. It is a very good adjunct to any healing modality, especially to relieve pain and inflammation. I have seen cats who begin to eat again when their food has Reiki done on the food. It also "takes the bad out of" things. By doing Reiki on smelly water in restaurants I have been able to drink sweet tasting and smelling water. Use Reiki anytime that you must give injections, vaccines, drugs, flea or heartworm drugs, or other substances with potential toxicity. Do you work in a grooming salon, or kennel, or veterinary clinic, or barn or anywhere animals are being seen? Use your Reiki on any treatments to be given and to calm the animals. People have reported getting animals to eat by doing Reiki on their food.  http://www.reiki.org  . http://www.ReikiTails.com  is a great practitioner in Maryland who knows a lot about cats. Get a free treatment at www.interdimensionalhealing.com. Great information on Reiki - http://www.reikicourse.org. Kathleen Prasad is a wonderful teacher and works with my favorite sanctuary and holistic education center, BrightHaven www.brighthaven.org. She just had an article on Reiki in Feline Wellness. Kathleen leads a free monthly telechat for anyone trained in Reiki and using it with animals. http://www.animalreikisource.com/. If you cannot find a Reiki Class near you (same class for people and animals as it connects you through an "attunement" to the healing energy of the universe, making you a channel of healing), three groups offer long distance, free, attunements.
1. http://theholisticcare.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13,
2. http://freereikiattunement.com/
3. www.ReikiBlessings.com offers free Reiki attunements, classes and training on-line    and animal classes, too
Long distance healing and training is at www.animalhealers.homestead.com/  
A client of mine is using Christine, Her name is Christine at cbearse@earthlink.net, www.awakeningrainbows.com. To receive free distance Reiki send her your first name only, city and state, and whether or not you have had any Reiki training.  She invites you to include your pets as well.  She uses a teddy bear and does a full body Reiki distance treatment for one hour each Sunday evening from 9 p.m. until 10 p.m. EST.

Another wonderful healer, Deena Spears works long distance with Sound Tuning. www.Singingwoods.com. I have seen many animals and the people in a home be healed by her work.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau