Ask the Veterinarian/apple cider vinegar for kittens ears

Question
Earlier I asked a question about risk in the ears and you mentioned Apple cider vinegar to help with the ears. How exactly do I do that? Do you fill the whole ear with it? Couldn't it hurt the ears? Or is it just a drop or 2?

Answer
Remember to dilute the vinegar 50/50. If the ears seem red or irritated, make it more dilute. Braggs organic is better cause that helps the planet. Filling the ear then letting them shake is fine. You do not need to completely fill the ear, though. A dropperful is often enough; then gently massage at the base of the ear; let her shake; then use a Qtip or soft cloth to clean out the debris.

The shape of dog and cat ears is different from ours, so you do not need to worry as much about the ear drum as there is a 90 degree bend to get to the tympanic membrane.  

have you found an integrative veterinarian with whom to work?  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau