Ask the Veterinarian/Bulldog pregnancy

Question
Hi, my englosh bulldog is currently 68 days pregnant, she was scanned at 4 weeks and saw 2 pups, she is npt very big only when she lays down, she is sleeping alot the past 2 days, vet said to let her go over 2 days whitch will ne tomorrow of sje hasnt had them, im worried because i know shes not having a false pregnancy or nothing wiuldve shown on tje scan and she cant av reabsorbed them because hes got bigger, shes been sick a couple of times this last week and had abit of diorea yesterday, its her forst litter aswell, i know the normal gestation perioed but is thos normal for a bullys first pregnancy, we took her t the vets at 7 weeks she said she disnnt look pregnant but as soon a s she examined her said there could ne somthing there?

Answer
With only 2 pups in the uterus of a bulldog, I would worry about the size of these pups and her not being able to deliver them. If she is 68 days, your vet may elect to do an ultrasound or an X-ray and then just do a C-section and get these guys out already.

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Louis N. Gotthelf