Ask the Veterinarian/Kitten Eye Problem

Question
Picture 01
Picture 01  

Picture 02
Picture 02  
Dear Dr. Christina,

We adopted a kitten with an eye infection 2 weeks ago and attached is the picture of his eyes.

I'm applying colloidal silver, honey and honey + black tea as eye drops and apple cider vinegar on the scruff of his neck.

And recently I am also feeding him diatomaceous earth and 1000 mg of L-Lysine daily.

Otherwise, thankfully he's healthy and eating well (on wholesome raw meat diet).

I would really appreciate your kind assistance if you could let me know his diagnosis and treatment for it.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Answer
You are doing a wonderful job of holistically treating theses eyes. These viral eye problems can be almost impossible to cure, so you need to continue to explore all non drug options. Drugs do not help either.

Not sure why apple cider vinegar on scruff - give internally in food. I do not think De will help, but Lysine is critical.

Raw meat diet is critical as well - be sure he is eating bones, too, to balance the meat. And organ meat, etc.

Next you need to move into deeper energetic/vibrational healing:
1. Local Malaysian healing techniques (which I do not know) - shaman, herbal, acupuncture, prayers, etc.
2. Reiki - you can be attuned from afar if nothing local (see below) and you can get treatments from afar.
3. Herbal - need to do things one at a time to see if any side effects - can try eccinachea, golden seal,  eyebright - internally.
4. Try to find a local vet who does acupuncture or homeopathy. or do homeopathy with one by phone or email - www.theAVH.org.
5. Keep persisting.
6.Keep paying attention to energy, emotional state, appetite. As long as those as good keep trying. If they slip - stop the last thing you tried as it may be causing a problem - even if the eyes are better. Clear?

REIKI
From the book, Healthy Animal's Journal - "Reiki: Personally, I think every person who lives with or works with animals must know at least Level I Reiki. The practitioner places her hands upon the animal (or it can be done from a distance, even around the world) with the intent for healing to occur. The energy flows through the healer into the animal. This is based on directly applying Chi (energy) to rebalance the energy field so it no longer needs to produce the physical symptoms. It is a very good adjunct to any healing modality, especially to relieve pain and inflammation. I have seen cats who begin to eat again when their food has Reiki done on the food. It also "takes the bad out of" things. By doing Reiki on smelly water in restaurants I have been able to drink sweet tasting and smelling water. Use Reiki anytime that you must give injections, vaccines, drugs, flea or heartworm drugs, or other substances with potential toxicity. Do you work in a grooming salon, or kennel, or veterinary clinic, or barn or anywhere animals are being seen? Use your Reiki on any treatments to be given and to calm the animals. People have reported getting animals to eat by doing Reiki on their food.  http://www.reiki.org  . http://www.ReikiTails.com  is a great practitioner in Maryland who knows a lot about cats. Get a free treatment at www.interdimensionalhealing.com. Great information on Reiki - http://www.reikicourse.org. Kathleen Prasad is a wonderful teacher and works with my favorite sanctuary and holistic education center, BrightHaven www.brighthaven.org. She just had an article on Reiki in Feline Wellness. Kathleen leads a free monthly telechat for anyone trained in Reiki and using it with animals. http://www.animalreikisource.com/. If you cannot find a Reiki Class near you (same class for people and animals as it connects you through an "attunement" to the healing energy of the universe, making you a channel of healing), three groups offer long distance, free, attunements.
1. http://theholisticcare.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13,
2. http://freereikiattunement.com/
3. www.ReikiBlessings.com offers free Reiki attunements, classes and training on-line    and animal classes, too
Long distance healing and training is at www.animalhealers.homestead.com/  
A client of mine is using Christine, Her name is Christine at cbearse@earthlink.net, www.awakeningrainbows.com. To receive free distance Reiki send her your first name only, city and state, and whether or not you have had any Reiki training.  She invites you to include your pets as well.  She uses a teddy bear and does a full body Reiki distance treatment for one hour each Sunday evening from 9 p.m. until 10 p.m. EST.

Another wonderful healer, Deena Spears works long distance with Sound Tuning. www.Singingwoods.com. I have seen many animals and the people in a home be healed by her work.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau