Ask the Veterinarian/Dog Died

Question
Today our dog died. She was older 10-12 years. I was wondering about the possible causes. We noticed she was throwing up and her waste had blood and was runny, after she died. She was an outside dog otherwise we might have noticed. I was just wondering about the possible cause any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You!

Answer
I'm really sorry for your loss. Losing a dog is very hard.

There are just too many things that could cause this dog's death, but more than likely she died of a cancer (the blood is a clue) or old age. The only way to know is to have a vet do a necropsy on her and find the cause of death.

My condolences to your family.

Ask the Veterinarian

Jana Connell RVT, CVT