Ask the Veterinarian/Flea control

Question
I've done everything the last month possible since I discovered fleas on my dog-he's been cut, he's been bathed, he's got Sentry flea control on him and it doesn't work.  He does go outside to the bathroom.   We've had sprays on him too.  What more can we do to get rid of these fleas.  We've bombed the house too and leave him in t he porch now.  Help!

Answer
Probably the best thing that you can do is to use an oral product called Comfortis.  This is absorbed from the intestine and distributes in the blood.  When a flea takes a blood meal, it dies quickly.  If your vet does not carry it, you can probably order it on line with a prescription from the vet.

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Louis N. Gotthelf