Ask the Veterinarian/discolored patches on a chocolate lab

Question
We have a chocolate lab and she is sick but we do not know why and she has discolored patches all over her hair and she drinks a lot of water during the day time and night time

Answer
Your dog needs to see a vet. She needs to have a thorough exam and have a skin scraping done to see why she has these patches all over her. It could be mange, ringworm, a skin infection. Any other number of things which is why she needs to see a vet right away. It sounds as if this has been going on a while so please do not wait any longer to get her into the vets.

Call your vet and make her an appointment tomorrow.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Jana Connell RVT, CVT