Ask the Veterinarian/Kitten illness? Or not?

Question
Hello, I'm in need of help urgently! My brother recently found a baby kitten on the side of the road. She/He was covered in grime and filth. He brought the kitten home and I gave it a bath. But after the bath I discovered abnormal bumps covering the kitten from head to toe. Especially on her forehead. There is also this horrible smell on her, even after the bath. It's so bad that my brother compared it to the smell of "Death." The kitten is a sweetheart and I'm desperately trying to help her, but i'm afraid that she is too sick for me to help her. I have a dog and other cats, i'm also afraid that the kitten could get them sick as well. Please help me, this is my last hope! i have tried google and everything!

Answer
It is hard to predict the outcome of kittens like this.  If there is an injury or if the kitten's skin is infected, it may not do well.  But if you can keep the kitten warm and dry and if the kitten eats, then the chances are much better. Your vet may be able to give you a better assessment of the kitten's condition than I can on the internet.

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Louis N. Gotthelf