Ask the Veterinarian/Hi

Question
What subjects do you have to have in school in order to be a vet?

Answer
Edith,

Your question is not clear - are you asking about high school or college?
Please work with your guidance counselor if you are in high school. When I was in HS girls were told they could not go to veterinary college, so we needed to research on our own. Now 80% of classes are women, so your HS guidance department will put you in a high science curriculum. You need to be in top of your class, and work with vets, on farms, in shelters, in research labs - anywhere you can work with veterinarians and record what you do while working there.

If you are in college, you need to meet with the pre-vet adviser to get the web sites for the colleges that admit for your state, with their specific requirements.

good luck.
I hope you will explore holistic medicine - get trained in Reiki and Flower essences before vet school. My site - www.myhelathyanimal.com has a lot of general holistic info for pets.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau