Ask the Veterinarian/Possible cat urinary problem

Question
Hi Dr Chambreau
Thank you for being part of this outstanding information site.  My spayed female outdoor cat has had urinary issues in the past and has recently developed wet, matted and slimy feeling fur on her backside.  I just had her on 10 days of amoxicillin with no improvement.  She is almost impossible to catch and is trap-wary.

Answer
You will definitely need to work with a great veterinary homeopath. Since you cannot trap her, a phone consulting one would be fine. www.theAVH.org. when you search, put in the criteria - "phone".

right away you can begin with Reiki, then get attuned yourself and  continue the Reiki.
I think every person who lives with or works with animals must know at least Level I Reiki. The practitioner offers this energy and the animal comes over to get it (or places her hands upon the animal), or it can be done from a distance, even around the world with the intent for healing to occur. The energy flows through the healer into the animal. This is based on directly applying Chi (energy) to rebalance the energy field so it no longer needs to produce the physical symptoms. It is a very good adjunct to any healing modality, especially to relieve pain and inflammation. I have seen cats who began to eat again when their food was treated with Reiki. It also "takes the bad out of" things. By doing Reiki on smelly water in restaurants I have been able to drink sweet tasting and smelling water. Use Reiki anytime that you must give injections, vaccines, drugs, flea or heartworm drugs, or other substances with potential toxicity. Reiki is great to calm animals, relieve discomfort, and can deeply heal some problems in some animals.  

1. Great information on Reiki - http://www.reikicourse.org.
2. Kathleen Prasad is a wonderful teacher and works with my favorite sanctuary and holistic education center, BrightHaven www.brighthaven.org. Kathleen leads a free monthly telechat for anyone trained in Reiki and using it with animals. http://www.animalreikisource.com/.

3. If you cannot find a Reiki Class near you (same class for people and animals as it connects you through an "attunement" to the healing energy of the universe, making you a channel of healing), the following groups offer long distance, free, attunements.

a.   http://theholisticcare.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13,
b.   http://freereikiattunement.com/
c.   Christine at cbearse@earthlink.net, www.awakeningrainbows.com. To receive free distance Reiki send her your first name only, city and state, and whether or not you have had any Reiki training.  She invites you to include your pets as well.  She uses a teddy bear and does a full body Reiki distance treatment for one hour each Sunday evening from 9 p.m. until 10 p.m. EST.
d.   And a team of over 100 healers will send free healing energy until you say not to. Email Barbara at nancelot01@aol.com with your healing request, name of animal, species, color & age. In the subject say request through Dr. Chambreau

4. for a fee: www.ReikiBlessings.com offers many types of energy healing classes- search a bit to find the reiki ones or email them. Long distance healing and training is at www.animalhealers.homestead.com.
5. www.AnimalReikiAlliance.com has articles and Maryland holistic practitioners listed.
6. http://www.reiki.org  . http://www.ReikiTails.com  is a great practitioner in Maryland who knows a lot about cats.
6. Get a free treatment for yourself at www.interdimensionalhealing.com.

Another wonderful healer, Deena Spears works long distance with Sound Tuning. www.Singingwoods.com. I have seen many animals and the people in a home be healed by her work.

Switching to a raw meat diet will often cure all bladder issues. Adding 1000 mg vitamin C to the food if she will eat it, along with some diluted Rescue Remedy will help as well.

Your homeopathic vet will help you with other suggestions, but because of your circumstances, I think these are the best suggestions.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau