Ask the Veterinarian/Need Help!!

Question
My beagle is breathing hard but it's like a puffing sound and he has been throwing up. The last time he threw up was right after he frank water. Also he won't eat. Please help me. If you think I should take home to a vet tell me and I will. Thank you for your time

Answer
I do think you need to go to a veterinary clinic today. Until then, offer only ice cubes to eat. If you have some Rescue Remedy in your home (good to have and good to learn Reiki) you can put a few drops on the inside of his ears.

I strongly recommend finding an integrative veterinarian to go to today. There are a lot in NY, depending on where you live. If one is not close enough, go to your regular vet, but call to schedule a phone appointment with a homeopathic one. This is a person trained in many different approaches, including using conventional drugs only when absolutely needed. Working with one can increase the chance that your cherished companion can live a long and healthy life after recovering from this current problem. There are good ones and great ones, and a few homeopathic veterinarians will consult by phone or email. Read my comments at the end on working with and selecting a holistic veterinarian.
You can go to the web sites for each type of holistic practice and use their referral list to find one near to you:
1. Acupuncture and Chinese medicine: www.IVAS.org, www.avaa.org & www.TCVM.com
2. Homeopathic veterinarians (these can often help you by phone if no other holistic practitioners are nearby that you like): www.theAVH.org and www.DrPitcairn.com.
3. Chiropractor - www.animalchiropractic.org
4. Wide range of other treatments: www.AHVMA.org, American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association and www.civtedu.org.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau