Ask the Veterinarian/Pregnancy

Question
I am pretty sure my female cat luna is pregnant she was in heat about a month ago. she is about a year old. My problem is my male cat will not leave her alone. It's almost like she is still in heat and he is starting to get very aggressive. Is this normal or what should I do.

Answer
You should make an appointment at your veterinarian's to get him neutered tomorrow and get her spayed a few days after that.

That is all you can do and should do. Otherwise, separate them for now. She is too young to be having kittens and he should be fixed as well.

There are plenty of kittens in this world now being euthanized. Please be responsible and don't add to the problem.

The world thanks you!!  

Ask the Veterinarian

Jana Connell RVT, CVT