Ask the Veterinarian/Stroke?

Question
I wonder whether you can help me. My cat is an eight year old moggy rescued from a cattery. He's not had many health issues over the time we've had him, excepting a peculiar eating disorder, which, thankfully, has now passed. It was when I came down to my kitchen this morning that I saw him sitting on my doormat with his head tilted to the side. Originally, I presumed he was looking at something, though when I called him over, he obliged but with his head still tilted to the side. It looks like he has something wrong with his neck, though when you touch it he doesn't seem to mind. This Has continued throughout the day, and has affected his sense of balance. He seems content- He is eating, drinking and grooming himself as usual and his eyes are fine from what I can tell. We are also taking him to the vet tomorrow.
I hope not to be wasting your time, but I am willing to know whether to expect the worst. Having done some research, he does not seem to have most of the symptoms of a stroke, but I cannot think what else it could be.
I hope you can help, and thank you very much for your time.
Harriet Chamberlain-Webber

Answer
I only have my cell phone so this must be short. Please read other questions for the 7 keys to health and other general info.
I am sure your cat has vestibular syndrome. This is not life threatening. Conventionally there is little treatment to be offered.
The condition usually resolves on its own. Going to a holistically trained vet can improve health overall and shorten the time till resolution
Of the head tilt. In UK there are many options. Www.bahvs.com.
Www.qiacademy.eu.
Read other of my answers to see how to select and work with holistic vets.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau