Ask the Veterinarian/my dog is verry ill from rabbit poop

Question
what can I do for my dog. she has become very ill and hasn't eaten for the past 5 days. I have a lot of rabbits in the area and she eats the poop I can't seem to stop her ,so what can I do ?

Answer
Eating rabbit poop usually will not make an animal ill. There are so many other things that could make your dog very ill. when a dog has not eaten for 5 days they do need to be seen by a professional. If you cannot get to a veterinarian, please send details of your dog (age, if spayed, stool, weight loss, etc) to me at HealthyAnimals@aol.com or here so I can make some suggestions.

I am very concerned that if you do not get a veterinarian to look at her she may die.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau