Ask the Veterinarian/dog got into fight now limping

Last Night I took my dog Maxwell his daily walk while walking two pitbulls came out of nowwhere and one them jumped on Maxwell at first I thought they didn't hurt them until he started limping when we got I hope it would go away but it looks like the leg isn't getting any better

There are many things that can cause limping from a fight wound.  it could be swelling around a nerve or a tendon or a ligament.  It could be an infection starting. There may have been a mild dislocation of a joint during the fight.  It could just be bruising.  You should have your vet check the dog to make sure that it is something that he will easily recover from.

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Louis N. Gotthelf

Dermatology and ear diseases of dogs and cats

I am the author of "Small Animal Ear Diseases; An Illustrated Guide" published by W.B. Saunders. I have over 25 years of clinical experience with a special interest in dermatologic conditions and ear diseases.

American Academy of Veterinary Dermatology

Veterinary Forum
Veterinary Medicine
Waltham Focus