Ask the Veterinarian/My german noise is runny and warm

I changed my german shepards food last night he is about 4 months old I feed him this morning . I noticed this evening he had not eaten anything but he has had direhea today and he still not eaten and his noise is runny and warm his pawns are warm what could it be and what could I do to help him

hello there,
I always worry about young dogs with diarrhoea, as they can very quickly get quite sick when they are little. It may be just the diet change causing the diarrhoea, but that would be unlikely to cause a nasal discharge. I would suggest taking him to your closest vet for a check up. Has he been vaccinated? Do you get parvovirus in your area?
Sorry I can't be of any more help. I don't want to give you bad advice and I think this is something that does need to be checked by your vet.

Ask the Veterinarian

Eloise Bright

I am a vet with a special interest in dermatology, particularly allergic dogs and cats, behaviour and acupuncture. I work mainly with dogs and cats. If you are wondering why your pet is still itchy, despite good flea control, or why your dog licks his feet, I may be able to give you some solutions. I'm currently very passionate about behaviour and am doing some further education in this area. So if you have a troubling behaviour with your dog or cat, such as barking, leash reactivity, anxiety or a dog who is a little wild and difficult to control, I may be able to help you with some solutions.

I work in an area of Sydney where we see lots of allergic pets. I think behaviour problems are very common and I help a number of owners find solutions that will restore peace to them and their pets. Currently I enjoy answering questions, providing advice and writing pet care articles for

I graduated as a vet from Sydney Uni in 2006 and have since been completing my Masters in Small Animal Practice and am also updating my skills with a behaviour course through Sydney Uni.