Ask the Veterinarian/lump on/under nipple

Question
I have a 6 year old who has not been spayed and never had pups, I noticed a lump under one of her bottom nipples it is about the size of quarter and she has a black spot on her nipple. I am concerned about this and need some advice as I don't have the money to get her to a vet at this time.
Thanks for your time

Answer
Hi April,

I am afraid you need to get in touch with your vet to rule in or out the possibility of any tumors.A biopsy would be ideal to find out the type, if so. Hope you understand my limitations in this regard.An early action in this regard is advised as chances of metastasis or malignancy is 50% more in animals not spayed.

regards

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand