Ask the Veterinarian/Lyssin and Rabies vaccine detox

Hi. I've asked a couple of questions before and I'm back to seek your help again. I have a puppy that needs to have a rabies shot. I ordered Lyssin for its detox remedy. I've never used Lyssin before but read that it's used for the rabies, and that Thuja is for other vaccinations detox.

I ordered Lyssin 30c 400 pellets, and the instruction said that you have to give a single dose(2 pellets) starting 3 days before the D-day and continuously give it on the Day and throughout a week after. You give it hidden in a treat/food, however you can. From what I know of, homeopathic meds should not be mixed with food or water for 30 minutes before and after its consumption.
What do you think about this way of giving Lyssin? How do you give such pellets to a puppy that might not easily take it?

Also, 400 pellets are too much for my little dogs, and I was wondering if it can also be used for other booster shots' detox, although I realize Thuja should be used for those.

Looking forward to hear your wisdom.
Thank you in advance.

My suggestions for lessening the damage from vaccines -

As you see I do not feel homeopathy is the best approach because that is taking a one pill fits all dogs and cats getting rabies, yet homeopathy is an individual medicine.

If you choose to use it:
I would only give 2 pellets the day before, the day of and the day after. Now you have used 6 pellets. The
remedy never expires (contrary to the label), so you can treat, if you choose to, almost a hundred of rabies vaccines in multiple dogs.

I do not recommend getting any booster shots except Rabies -

I do not recommend giving thuja if you do vaccinate, but follow the procedure above, then watch carefully for
any of the early warning signs and track symptoms in a journal.

usually remedies do work for people and animals in food, but to be on the safe side I would crush and put in the mouth (or dilute in a little water and squirt in the mouth if you cannot administer otherwise) - see more in this article -

If you would like a pet health coaching call with me to be sure you are maximizing the care of your pets, call or email me.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau

I can give you the holistic approach to any problem, mostly for dogs and cats and some farm animals and horses. Depending on the condition and the type of animal, I will be able to give very specific treatment suggestions such as what flower essences, homeopathic remedies, nutritional supplements, diet changes, lifestyle changes or herbs that may be helpful - not drugs. I can also suggest where you can go for further education or to find a specialist in a specific holistic field. I can help you understand why your animal is ill and what improvements can be expected. I do not check messages more than every one to two days, so PLEASE DO NOT ask about EMERGENCIES - call your local veterinarian. I cannot diagnose your animal. I cannot prescribe specific treatments. I am no longer very current with conventional treatments, so cannot answer questions on those. I am not an expert on birds or small critters. I am not an expert in breeding, birthing or babies.

I graduated from the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine in 1980 and began using homeopathy in my practice after a client introduced me to it. By 1988 I was using exclusively holistic treatments. I began lecturing in 1987 and have spoken at veterinary conferences, health food stores, people's homes, churches, veterinary college conferences - anywhere people want to learn more about keeping their animals healthy.

Academy of Veterinary Homeopathy (I helped found this one) American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association National Center for Homeopathy American Veterinary Medical Association

I have written in many magazines, journals and newspapers. A few include Bark Magazine; Journal of the AHVMA; Baltimore Dog Magazine; Whole Dog Journal; Tiger Tribe; Wolf Clan. I have also been frequently interviewed on radio and TV. I am Associate Editor for the Integrative Veterinary Care Journal, so often have articles there.

Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Certified Veterinary Homeopath (CVH)