Ask the Veterinarian/bucked shins treatment

Question
Hello Dr.Christina. I am Caine from INDIA. I work in a thoroughbred racing stable. Could you please suggest me the best and simple solution for BUCKED SHINS(POPPED SPLINTS) in performance horses especially young horses?

Answer
There are many different approaches you can learn. The very best is to address the underlying energetic reason for the bucked shins with Ayurvedic or homeopathic medicine, using a trained practitioner. You can also learn yourself: Reiki, Bowen, osteopathy, acupressure, Tellington T-Touch and laser therapy. These will all safely address bucked shins. I am giving multiple suggestions so you can find something near you, in books, vidoes or on-line.

Improving health of each horse (right diet, best types and times of exercise, minimize toxins, no vaccines (or very few) will also help prevent bucked shins. A great website for talking about this with other horse owners is www.HolisticHorseKeeping.com. It also has books showing how the Chinese "constitution" can influence how a horse gets ill and how to prevent it.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Christina Chambreau