Ask the Veterinarian/my guinea pig is not feeling well

Question
My guinea pig started coughing and sneezing off and on today, no discharge and no lack of appetite or lethargy. I gave her a bath for the first time since we got her last night I dont know if I should take her in or not at this pt and can't really afford it right now

Answer

Sneezing and coughing are some what normal in guinea pigs.This may be due to a minor irritation in the windpipe, possibly caused by inhaling water or something similar.But if it is coming constantly,then needs to be treated for respiratory illness.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand