Ask the Veterinarian/1 day old mouse

Question
there was a recipe for baby mouse formula on this forum that involved evaporated milk and such. i was wondering how to store it and how long does it stay good

Answer
I am sorry that I was not discussing in that forum.Anyway I may pass you some information in this regard.
Many people have used different formulas  to their advantage. Whole, raw, fresh goat milk; KMR® (Kitten Milk Replacer); Esbilac® (puppy formula); Enfamil (without iron); or Soyalac human formula have all been used. The powdered formula is usually used rather than the liquid as you can mix up a fresh batch each day and the powder will last longer. The liquid formulas have to be used within 3 days after opening. Lambert Kay™ makes a Mother’s Helper™ puppy formula that can also be used for rats and other orphan babies.

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand