Ask the Veterinarian/Cats nasal congestion.

Question
Hello. My cat has got quite bad nasal congestion. It has today put him off his food a bit and tonight it seems worse. I have put some olbas oil in hot water to try and ease his breathing but is there anything more I can do until I can get him to the vets on Monday?
Regards
Robert

Answer
Hello Robert,
Humidifier is the one that can be used at home,and you have done that already  by using hot water with olbas oil. If you have a baby aspirator it would aid to clear the nasal passage.The reason for the congestion could be either allergic or may be an infection,diagnosis of which requires vet examination.Ventolin inhaler can be used to ease the symptoms,but it is a prescription drug.If the symptoms do not subside in 24 hrs,please approach the vets.

regards

anand

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand