Ask the Veterinarian/Cat ate chicken bone,

Question
Hi there,

Im hoping you can help, my cat ate a chicken drumstick bone last Thursday, he chewed through the end parts so there was only a little of the middle bone left and we noticed he has been sick a few times Sunday and really throw up this morning (Monday). He hasn't been eating much food, he was a bit constipated Sunday when he tried to poop. He comes near me for cuddles but is acting a little spooked.
Is the time frame too long for it to be the chicken bones? should i get him to a vet asap?
Thanks, im worried about the little guy,
Heidi

Answer
Dear Heidi,
Chicken bones break very sharp, and are thus dangerous to small animals which are not used to such foods regularly.The vomiting might be due to gastritis induced by this acting as a foreign body in the stomach. I'd recommend a visit to the vet to make sure.

regards

anand  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand