Ask the Veterinarian/Skin issue

Question
I have an 8 month old blue heeler. He has developed bald patches on his back. Started w/ larger one and a small one. Now ( 3 days later) is a third. Between the 3, They seem to be covering most of his backbone area. the skin is light pink w/ brighter pink in areas and some scabs ( looks like) I put some coconut oil on him but need to know what to try

Answer
YOU SHOULD HAVE HIM CHECKED BY A VET.  THERE ARE 2 COMMON POSSIBILITIES FOR HAIR LOSS IN A PUPPY, E\SPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS NOT A LOT OF ITCHING. DEMODEX MANGE CAN CAUSE THE HAIR TO FALL OUT IN A PUPPY AND SO CAN RINGWORM. YOUR VET CAN DO SOME TESTS TO TELL YOU IF IT IS ONE OF THOSE TWO OR SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Louis N. Gotthelf