Ask the Veterinarian/My Cat Miley

Question
Will my cat "mellow out" with age?
My cat Miley is almost 7 (6 years and 8 months)  she is starting to no stay outside as long but she is still very spastic and when strangers come over she just stares at them and acts crazy and aloof. She is not social, but she doesn't hide.
She just sits there with her eyes wide open, glaring (spastic like) or she just acts aloof. Could this change? When she is like 11 or 12 years old will she be calmer and could she get more social?

Answer
Dear James,

May be a blood profile could aid to find out any underlying disease which can cause such changes. An immediate change in environment like encounter with strange animals,could be other dogs or cats in its territory,cannot be ruled out.
Your vet can find out the changes in behavior is because of any diseases or psychological causes.

regards

anand  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand