Ask the Veterinarian/dogs testicles

Question
My dogs testicles have turned black from a pinkish color also it's scabby, pustial, it's sore as he won't sit like he does normally he's careful when he begins to sit to not sit on the area. He's also licking and licking the area, he's also not his normal self he's moping around. Any answer on what this could be.

Answer
Dear Kel,
Testicles can change color while the animal is maturing or because of the dog licking the area.But the present situation might be a fungal, yeast or bacterial infection,I reckon.Treatment of this can be sought from your local vet.You may consider neutering your dog,if it is not going to be used for breeding purposes. This reduces problems related to testicles and prostate gland in future.

regards

anand

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand