Ask the Veterinarian/Female Rat with Tumor

Question
Hello,
I have had my female albino rat since last January, and she has recently developed a tumor the size of a golf ball. I have always fed her an all natural diet, and lots of fruits and veggies, but I do know tumors are common in rats. She is just over a year old, and has a couple more years ahead of her, but I am wondering about the tumor. It has been around for about a month, and grew a little bit bigger, but not by very much at all. I have have told she doesn't need to have the tumor removed, but I want her to be as happy as possible. She doesn't seem to be bothered  by it, but I don't to loose her. She is a little bit over weight, and I know that can be a problem for surgery. I am only 14, and I cant get a job yet, so I don't really know how I would pay for surgery, either. I have also been told that getting her a friend could really help. I really need an experts opinion, before I make any decisions.
Thank you so much.

Answer
Dear Shae,

As there are no much options for you ,Try Aloe Vera liquid oral  for your rat.It could help to a certain extend.This may be available in Walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fruit-Of-The-Earth-Aloe-Vera-Juice-With-99.8-Aloe-1-ga

regards

anand

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand