Ask the Veterinarian/Blood in stool

My dog started having diariaah 3-4 days ago and after the first day whenever he would squat to go the bathroom blood would squirt out. I gave her egg whites yesterday and the blood stopped coming out and she slept through the night for the most part, then I fed her another egg white this morning and she has had some blood blood come out but not as much. Do you know what this is? Or anything that could help?

I cannot begin to guess what may be causing this bleeding.  It could be anything from an adverse reaction to a food or to a poison, to a foreign body, to a tumor to just straining to poop. You need to have a vet examine her to determine what is going on.  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr. Louis N. Gotthelf

Dermatology and ear diseases of dogs and cats

I am the author of "Small Animal Ear Diseases; An Illustrated Guide" published by W.B. Saunders. I have over 25 years of clinical experience with a special interest in dermatologic conditions and ear diseases.

American Academy of Veterinary Dermatology

Veterinary Forum
Veterinary Medicine
Waltham Focus