Ask the Veterinarian/Cat hairballs

Question
I have a short hair domestic cat. She continues to have hairballs even after different treatments. She eats Purina one for indoor cats and hairball control.  She eats 4-5 Greenie treats for hairball control.  She is brushed at least once a day with a Furminator. About 2 weeks ago I bought a hairball remedy by Hartz. I apply as directed.  She continues to have hairballs.  I don't know what else to do.  What do you suggest I try next?  I appreciate your help.

Answer
Hi Leigh,
Please be patient for 3 to 4 weeks to see a difference once you start a new therapy.Meanwhile I would suggest you to give some cooked pumpkin to the cat as it can relieve some constipation,which would aid in the final outcome.

regards

anand  

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand