Ask the Veterinarian/pain in dog

Question
   I have a 12 year old Shitsu/Yorke that weighs about 13lbs.  Lately when he gets dirty from walks I bath him letting he stand in the shampoo about 5 minutes to kill anything on him, then rinse and dry him with a towel.  He rolls around on the rug but I noticed the next day he is still damp.  But lately the next day he is in a great deal of pain and very stiff.  I get very worried about him but a day later he seems fine.  Do you think using a blow dryer will help or is there something i can give him like Aspirin to help him?

Answer
Dear dan,

I looks like you are providing a bit of stress to your pet by keeping him in shampoo and damp especially when the ambient temperature is too low.Regular exposure to such situations can predispose for Rheumatoid arthritis like situation,especially in older animals, which is showing on your pet.Try to provide him a warmer environment and of course very little dampening of the body.

Do try to prevent such medical conditions my management modifications rather than treating with medicines.Provide him supplements of Vitamin C, E and Omega 3.

regards

anand

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand