Ask the Veterinarian/my sisters cat went missing for a week and returned limping and with a mark on his leg

Question
mark on his leg
mark on his leg  

siting position
siting position  
I know we should take him to the vet but we just dont have the money for all the medical cost.  Im wondering If you think he can heal on his own and if it looks like he has something broken or if he just has a pulled muscle. He wont let me touch his legs. He will push my hand away. The first night of his return he was hardly moving around but its been a couple days now and he is being more active but still limping the same. Like he doesnt try to put much pressure on his leg when he walks and when he lays down he mostly lays on the leg that is marked. I really think some people in are neighborhood had something to do with this since we heard from someone that there was some teens going around hurting cats. We used to have a white stray cat come around everyday and now she doesnt show up anymore. We keep are 2 cats indoors now since this happened.

Answer
Dear Angelica,

This is a surgical case and definitely needs physical examination.If there is fracture.it needs surgical correction too.So I am not in the right position to offer a solution for this over the net.But anyway if you are to make sure that there is no fracture,you could try some anti inflammatory drugs orally through food to correct the lameness.You may try Onsior for Cats ,but this is a prescription drug.

regards

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand