Ask the Veterinarian/Vomiting Yorkie Poo

Question
I saw this answer to a question about another owner's Yorkie's vomiting:

Answer
Hi Annette!  Molly is vomiting bile.  This is very common.  Vomiting bile means that the tummy is empty!
How often do you feed Molly?  I have a Shih Tzu that used to do this too.  I fed him once in the morning and once in the evening.  I started giving him a treat before bed, and that stopped the morning vomit.
A little snack at night will hold that tummy over until breakfast. I hope this helps!
Hilary

However, Bella is sometimes vomiting her food. Twice after vomiting she's a little wobbly while standing and a little out of it. Should I be more concerned. Do I need to take her to a Vet? I'm a first time owner, so I'm still learning.

Answer
Dear Wanda,

Please be aware that vomiting is only a symptom and not a disease.Vomiting can be a symptom of many specific/non specific diseases. It may be due to gastritis resulting from worms,indigestion.food allergy,too cold or too hot food,other infections etc.
If you see this quite often in your pet,I think a vet consultation would help to find the root cause and treat it accordingly.

Bella is throwing up food,where as Molly was vomiting bile.Bile usually comes out from an empty stomach due to too much  wretch.

regards

anand

Ask the Veterinarian

Dr S Bindu Anand